PISDYN is an advanced three-dimensional simulation package for predicting the dynamics of the piston and connecting rod assembly – enabling the optimization of the piston geometry and minimizing the need for expensive and difficult testing. Based around an advanced lubrication model for simulating the interface between the piston and liner, the engineer can use a hierarchy of structural models to minimize scuffing, wear, friction loss and piston slap.
- Advanced EHL mass-conserving lubrication model for piston/liner interface
- Hydrodynamic and boundary lubrication models
- Single-piece and articulated pistons
- Hierarchy of rigid, compliant and dynamic structural models
- Integrated FEARCE solver for finite element (FE) matrix reduction