Shaft design and analysis
From single-section shafts for initial concept sizing to complex multi-node arrangements for full and detailed system analysis, SABR allows users to model transmission shafts quickly and efficiently.
SABR automatically calculates shaft-stress-concentration factors, which can include oil holes, circlip grooves and fillet radii at diameter steps. The effect of bores and tapered shaft arrangements can be modelled by updating a sectional view of the shaft. Detailed output of the shaft analysis is given for deflections as well as the key stresses, including torsional and shear.
- Fast data input through intuitive and interactive 3D graphical interface
- Ability to assess all levels of shaft complexity
- Graphs of bending moment, shear force, torque application and axial force
- Force directions for quick and easy understanding of loading regime
- Numerical and graphical results showing principal tensile and compressive stress, bending, axial, torsional and shear stresses