Vehicle thermal management
VECTIS’s portfolio includes capabilities that make it ideal for solving vehicle thermal management issues.
The engine bay region is becoming increasingly critical as improved crash safety and after-treatment solutions reduce space and create higher temperatures respectively. The ability to quickly and automatically create new and complex meshes, enables VECTIS users to identify areas of re-circulating and stagnant flow and identify how these regions change when component designs and positions are changed.
VECTIS can quickly identify ways of optimizing the position of temperature sensitive equipment, as well as investigating heat exchanger and cooling fan performance, improving flow to heat exchanger packs, and identifying ways to reduce the cooling pack pressure drop.
- Extensive surface geometry pre-processing tools such as geometry wrapper and Boolean functions
- Large detailed meshes created automatically
- Easy set-up of heat exchangers and cooling fan models
- CHT, radiation solver and 1D coupling allow for complete thermal analysis
- Coupling to Flowmaster and Flowmaster2 for complete 1D/3D thermal analysis