WAVE is the technology leader in engine performance and NVH. This simulation software package is used worldwide in industry sectors including ground transportation, rail, motor sport, marine, and power generation for 1D engine and gas dynamics analysis. WAVE enables performance and acoustic simulations to be carried out based on virtually any intake, combustion and exhaust system configuration, and includes a drivetrain model to allow complete vehicle simulation.
- Advanced SI and combustion models (non-predictive, semi-predictive and predictive models) allowing accurate single or multiple fuels handling
- State of the art compressor and turbine physics
- Comprehensive 1D and 3D aftertreatment library including TWC, DPF, LNT, DOC, SCR and user models
- Advanced acoustic features including, engine speed audio player, modeling absorptive materials, porous ducts user defined flow noise calculation
- Rapid, consistent model construction using the drag-and-drop element library, user-defined templates and self contained components
- Fast, accurate creation of high quality models directly from 3D geometry using WaveMesher and WaveBuild3D allowing advanced native CAD and STL geometry import
- Extensive results presentation and reports generation capability using the WavePost post processor
- Graphical plotting on the fly and interactive input control using the WAVELive interface
- Distributed running over unlimited CPUs
- Real time running capability (WAVE-RT)
- Python language support within models and from command line allowing user to quickly program scripts and sub-models
- State of the art documentation including lots of tutorials, examples and theory
- Growing database of modern engine examples, new technologies, etc.
- Turbocharger database including examples of compressor and turbine maps covering wide range of engine swept volumes